What to Expect
Booking a portrait session at Megan Kime Photography allows individuals to have treasured memories for a lifetime. The artistic touch I bring to portraits will captivate you and everyone who sees them for many years to come. Once you have booked an appointment, preparing for your photo session is essential. Click here to see the pricing for photoshoots.
Tips for Preparing for a Photo Session
- Decide on any outfits well in advance, and always have backups. The clothing you wear can make a significant difference in the outcome of photographs. Avoid wearing heavy prints. Make sure to have everything laundered, ironed, and ready to go before the photo shoot.
- Practice working on your hair and makeup before the portrait sessions in Raleigh. Doing a test run on hairstyle and makeup is worth the effort for helping achieve the best look. Avoid getting a new hairstyle before the portrait session because you need time to learn how to style your new tresses.
- If children are being photographed, try to make sure they get plenty of rest and are fed before the session. Tired and hungry children are going to be fussier and less likely to cooperate. Bring your child’s favorite toy.
- If you plan on using props, start to gather them now. I will be happy to incorporate any props into the session. Make sure you gather these a few days before the photo sessions so you do not have to worry.
- Just as children can become cranky when they haven’t slept or eaten, so can you. You are going to need plenty of rest to look and feel your best. Do not let nervousness keep you from sleep. I will make you feel comfortable from start to finish so there is nothing to worry over.
- Shave the night before to allow your skin to calm down before the photo shoot. Shaving the night before will reduce redness and irritation and ensure you look fabulous in the photos.
- Make sure we are on the same page from the very beginning. Let me know of any expectations, and I will accommodate them. If you need help coming up with a concept, let me know right away, and we will work together.
Maternity portrait sessions can be booked year-round and are scheduled around the Golden Hour or within 1-2 hours of sunset. Sessions last up to 1 hour on location or in Megan’s Downtown Raleigh studio. I recommend studio sessions for cooler weather months or as an add on to a newborn session. And I always welcome props that you may want to incorporate into the session.
Within two weeks of your maternity portrait session, you will receive a gallery link and password to view your images online. Each image featured in your online gallery is hand edited and easily downloaded directly to your computer! A CD or USB of your online gallery can be provided upon request, there is no additional cost for these products.
Newborn portrait photography sessions are ideally scheduled within 5-10 days of birth. Sessions are photographed in my studio in Raleigh, NC, just minutes from Cary, Holly Springs, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Clayton & I-40. However, I will travel to your home upon special request. Sessions last approximately 2-3 hours with plenty of breaks for feeding and changing.
A typical newborn portrait session will begin with 3-4 different prop setups of just baby before moving on to family portraits with the baby and siblings. When you book your session months before baby arrives, we will schedule a time to meet to discuss which props and setups you would like to use. I always like to include colors from the nursery into the session. I have a large collection of props, posing outfits, headbands, tutus, hats, bonnets, bow ties, blankets and baskets for you to choose from. But I will encourage you to bring heirlooms, blankets, toys or any item with sentimental value to incorporate into your baby’s newborn portraits.
Get ready to LOVE your baby even more – watching them sleep is such a beautiful thing! However, don’t be surprised if it takes your little bundle of joy a good while to get into “baby model mode.” They aren’t used to being handled this much, but with a full belly, a warm and cozy environment, and lots of love, they will be snoozing in no time!
Family portrait sessions can be booked year-round and are scheduled around the Golden Hour, within 1-2 hours of sunset. Sessions last up to 1 hour on location or in Megan’s Downtown Raleigh studio. I recommend studio family sessions for families of three or less. And I always welcome props that you may want to incorporate into the session.
Within two weeks of your family portrait session, you will receive a gallery link and password to view your images online. Each image featured in your online gallery is hand edited and easily downloaded directly to your computer! A CD or USB of your online gallery can be provided upon request. There is no additional cost for these products.
Allow Me to Photograph Your Best Moments
Pregnancies, newborns, and children need to be captured in film so they are never forgotten. Allow me to help you capture every special detail. I cannot wait to work with you and your family. Call my studio today, and let’s work together to create the most stunning photographs you have ever taken. Amazing photographs become treasures forever and make the perfect gift.
As a photographer, I love capturing families, babies, and special occasions on film. I offer portrait sessions for pregnancies, newborns, and families. My studio is well-equipped to ensure your photographs turn out beautifully.